Are you our next Snow Angel? Or do you know one?
Through the Snow Angels Program, volunteers assist eligible seniors and residents with disabilities with snow removal. The Snow Angels program is currently looking for volunteers who are 14 years of age or older, in good physical health and are reliable for the November 2016 to March 2017 season.
Becoming a Snow Angel is a great way for families and friends to spend time together and for high school students to obtain their community service hours. Volunteers must be 14 or older, reliable, and physically able to participate in snow removal.
Volunteers are required to:
• Clear snow from the walkways around the home;
• Clear the windrow – a pile of snow left behind when snow plows clear the road;
• Attend the home when there is a minimum of a 3 cm snowfall;
• Clear the snow within 24 hours of a snowfall.
Snow Angel volunteers will receive the following items with our thanks.
• Winter hats, socks and gloves donated by Mark’s
• High School students can obtain required community service hours
• Thank you luncheon in April/2017