Thank you to everyone who submitted your ideas on how to spend $1.5 million in infrastructure with the focus on Environmental Stewardship!
We received just over 200 submissions and are looking forward to working with the Participatory Budget Advisory Committee on reviewing them in the new year.
Click the image to enlarge:
New this year, is our first ever themed PB! Below is a list of the Categories and Criteria for this years ideas:
Environmental Stewardship Categories:
- Access and Accessibility to Public Space – includes water, sidewalks, parks and trails
- Park and Trail Enhancements - includes play structures, solar lighting, gardens
- Public Building Enhancements – includes environmental upgrades to City owned buildings such as libraries and recreation centres
- Beautification – graffiti (prevention and removal), litter and waste bins
- Environmental Stewardship – trees, community operated gardens, enhancements to native plantings and animal habitats
- Located within Ward 1 boundaries
- Public benefit to the Ward
- On public property
- Can be completed within 1-2 years
- Is a physical improvement (infrastructure)
- Is a one-time investment
Thank you to everyone who attended our open house on November 28 from 7-9pm at McMaster Innovation Park (MIP) where City Staff from various departments and Partners were available to discuss ideas and projects with you.