We are excited to announce that Aidan's Motion for the 2017 Ward 1 Area Rating Expenditure passed at Council! City staff now have a defined budget and direction to start planning the infrastructure projects voted on in the last Participatory Budgeting (PB) Process.
320 ideas were reviewed and discussed; 28 moved forward to a ballot; 1,606 votes were cast, resulting in 13 projects moving forward. Thank you to everyone who participated!
A special thank you to the Westdale Cinema Group for presenting to the General Issues Committee on October 4, 2017!
The Projects include (in order of voting results):
- $220,000 - Exterior Heritage Façade Restoration at Westdale Theatre
- $100,000 - Repair Sidewalks Throughout Ward 1
- $200,000 - Recreation Centre on Former Prince Philip School Property
- $100,000 - Install Water-Bottle Refilling Stations
- $80,000 - Upgrade Playground at City Housing Complex
- $60,000 - Traffic Calming in Kirkendall
- $100,000 - Westdale Library Improvements
- $220,000 - Improve Parks in Kirkendall South
- $100,000 - Enhancements to the Victoria Park Pool
- $40,000 - Upgrade School Crosswalk at Earl Kitchener School
- $160,000 - Improve and Beautify Dundurn Park
- $40,000 - Upgrade School Crosswalks at Cootes Paradise School
- $80,000 - Improve Lighting in Victoria Park
To download the full motion, please click here.