On October 26, 2016 Aidan introduced and moved a Motion at City Council titled 'Review of the Current By-law Enforcement Service Levels in the McMaster University Neighbourhoods'. The Motion was carried.
City staff are now directed to review the current By-law Enforcement service levels in the McMaster neighbourhoods, and report back to the Planning Committee before the 2017 budget deliberations begin with:
- Options for increasing the levels of by-law enforcement in the McMaster neighbourhoods including additional staff, re-prioritizing enforcement efforts to allow reassignment of current staff, or any other practical options; and
- Detailed cost estimates for each of the increased service level options along with possible funding sources for any option which would result in increased expenditures.
To read the complete motion, please click here.
To register a by-law complaint:
If you have an urgent complaint regarding private property that is an immediate health and safety concern such as inadequate heat, please call 905-546-2782 during business hours (Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm) or 905-546-2489 after regular business hours.
For non-urgent matters:
- The online complaint form.
- By phone: 905-546-2782, Monday through Friday from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
- By email: email@example.com
- For parking complaints, please call 905 540-6000.
- For noise complaints after business hours, please contact Hamilton Police Services at 905-546-4925
- For graffiti complaints, please complete the separate graffiti form.