Make the commitment to “Green Your Routine” and take ownership of your food scraps and other organic waste. Together, as residents of Hamilton we have the power to make a difference in our beautiful city. It starts with you!
It is easy to #GreenYourRoutine; change your waste disposal habits, use your green bin, and get gold!
Take the pledge online or pledge in person at one of our local events (see below for dates and locations).
Come visit the Outreach team at the following events to take the pledge in person.
- Downtown Farmers Market August 11, 2017
- Binbrook Farmers Market August 12, 2017
- Downtown Farmers Market August 18, 2017
- Dundas Cactus Fest August 19, 2017
- Ancaster Farmers Market August 23, 2017
- Locke Street Festival September 9, 2017
- Ancaster Farmers Market September 20, 2017
Learn how to get a green bin or composting tips to help you green your routine!
Did you know
- In one year, Ontario residents generate enough waste to fill the Tim Hortons Field six times!
- The average Hamilton household tosses ~45% of green bin eligible food and organic waste in the garbage.
- Food is the third largest household expense!
- Hamilton’s 2015 residential waste diversion rate was 47%