In Public Health Services we know that oral health is essential to overall health and that often the biggest barrier to care is cost - this is especially difficult for low income families and individuals who do not have employer paid insurance, and this is an issue across the country. Locally, the City of Hamilton helps to address some of these gaps in services by providing services such as our Dental Health Bus, Downtown Dental Clinic and Seniors Oral Health Outreach program.
Dental Health Bus
- The dental health bus is a mobile outreach clinic that provides emergency dental services free of charge to residents of the City of Hamilton with limited finances and no form of dental coverage.
- Call 905-546-CITY (2489) for hours and locations.
Special Supports Program – Dental and Dentures
- If you have dental emergencies or require assistance with dentures, you can ask for Special Supports funding. You may get the Special Supports Program if you do not have any dental insurance, have low income, and live in the Hamilton area.
- Call 905-546-2590 or visit www.hamilton.ca/support to learn more and to apply.
Public Health Services Dental Clinic
- If you cannot get the Special Supports Program, you can apply to get dental treatment at the Public Health Services Dental Clinic. You may qualify if:
- You do not have dental insurance
- You have low income
- You live in the Hamilton area
- Located at Robert Thomson Building, 110 King St W., 3rd fl.
- Call 905-546-2424 ext. 3789 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Healthy Smiles Ontario
- Your child may be eligible for free dental care. The Healthy Smiles Ontario program pays the cost of regular dental services. This program is for children & youth under 18 years of age from lower-income families in need of support. Even if you have dental insurance you may be eligible for Healthy Smiles Ontario.
- Call the Public Health Dental information line at 905-546-2424 ext. 4725 or visit www.ontario.ca/healthysmiles
Public Health Services Community Preventive Clinics
- Free dental screenings, preventive dental services and dental health information are available in the community for children and youth age 17 and under.
- Call the Preventive Services line at 905-546-2424 ext. 5369 for more information.
Low Cost Dental Services
- University of Toronto 416-979-4927
- Dental Cleaning available at Southern Ontario Dental College 905-304-4706
Preventive & Screening Dental Clinics
- Book a screening appointment to determine if your child (17 and under) is eligible for free preventive services, including cleaning, pit and fissure sealants, and topical fluoride applications.
- Call (905)546-2424 ext. 5369 to book an appointment.
Click here to download printable PDF Services and locations of Dental Clinics