Hamilton is planning for growth. By 2041, 780,000 will call Hamilton home - we have a plan to move people around. It's called the BLAST Network.
The BLAST Network is part of the 10 Year Local Transit Strategy, approved by Council on March 11, 2015.
The 10 Year Local Transit Strategy addresses:
- Current system deficiencies
- Updated service standards and the alignment of service to meet them
- The accommodation of future growth
- Increases in ridership through the introduction of additional bus service on the BLAST corridors
- Improvements to the customer experienceMethods to help transit run faster and more reliable, known as transit priority measures
- Funding sustainability including a multi-year fare strategy
To learn more, click here.