Saturday, January 20, 2018
McMaster Innovation Park
175 Longwood Rd S
Hamilton, ON L8P 0A1
Learn more about the educational alternatives that are alive and growing in Hamilton!
Click here to register. Event is free but you must register.
Local education and learning groups will be available to share information about their approach to education and answer parent questions.
We also have guest speakers who will share their perspective on why pursuing educational alternatives is important.
Check back to this event description for updates!
- Local Homeschoolers Panel Discussion of different styles and FAQ's from attendees 10:15-10:45am
- Stephanie Shuler Fages, PhD Candidate University of Toronto, "In Alignement: Knowing What We Want" 11:00-11:30am
- Deb O'Rourke, writer, advocate, educator and founding parent from ALPHA School n Toronto 11:45am-12:15pm
- Carolyn Ralph, Student Researcher, McMaster University Department of Social Work : "Children at the Centre: Including Children’s Voices in Choosing Education" 12:30-1:00 pm
- LIGO Group of Westmount High School Students sharing their experiences in choosing education 1:15-1:45pm
- Robyn Weddepohl, Registered Child and Adolescent Psychotherapist, including Social Communication Therapy 416-519-8367
- Colin McDonald Community School (Hamilton) www.colinmacdonald.ca
- Nature School and Education Center (Grimsby) www.natureschoolniagara.com
- Bright Side (Dundas) www.brightsider.ca
- Blue Oak School (Dundas) www.blueoakschool.ca
- New Heights Learning Center (Hamilton) www.newheightslearning.ca
- Express Communication (Hamilton) Speech/Language Pathologist
- Foundations Montessori School (Ancaster) www.foundationsmontessori.ca
- Learning in the Woods (Dundas) www.learninginthewoods.ca
- The Barn School (Burlington), www.thebarnschool.ca and The City School- Center for Self-Directed Education (Hamilton)
- Homeschooler meet and greet table