November 19, 2016 at 10am to January 08, 2017 at 10am.
This season’s favourite holiday destination for families!
Regular admission includes:
- Canada’s best botanical train show (Daily): The RBG Train Show features numerous Canadian landmarks constructed from over seven tons of cedar slabs, 3,000 pounds of rock and 250 feet of track. You’ll find Canadian landmarks in RBG Centre and depictions of Wonders of the World in our Mediterranean Garden.
- Winter Walks: Saturdays and Sundays; 11:30 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. - Take a guided walk through Morrison Woodland Garden to discover how the forest has changed to survive the coming winter.
- Craft-a-Character: Sunday–Wednesday; 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. and Thursday–Saturday; 10:00 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. - Create your very own character and complete a story where they go on a winter adventure.
- Storytime: Saturdays and Sundays; 10:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. - Join an Interpreter to hear a fun holiday story.
- Discover Holiday Plants: Saturdays and Sundays; 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. - Explore how different cultures use plants in their holiday traditions.
- Family Entertainment: Saturdays and Sundays - Weekends feature children’s entertainment and local school and adult choirs. Check back soon for a full lineup.
Visits with Santa - By Registration Only: Thursdays and Fridays - 5:00 to 8:00PM, Saturdays - 1:00 to 8:00PM, Sundays - 10:00AM to 5:00PM, December 22 - 5:00 to 8:00PM - Book your timeslot and you receive a round-trip fare on The RBG Express through magical Hendrie Park strewn with festive lights. When you arrive at Santa’s Cabin you are treated to hot chocolate and cookies, Santa’s helpers tell a holiday story and you can make a Christmas ornament, just like the elves do. Santa is eagerly waiting to meet with every boy and girl and to hear their holiday wishes. This experience is approximately 1 hour.