Update: New Pick-up Location thanks to the Kirkendall Neighbourhood Association and Stanley Ave Baptist Church!
Drop by Stanley Avenue Baptist Church to pick up a free sign during the times listed below.
- Monday 6:45pm - 8pm
- Tuesday 9am - 3pm
- Wednesday 9am - 1pm & 6:45pm - 8pm
- Friday 9am - 2pm
"Slow Down, Safety Zone" Lawn Sign Program is designed to promote residential roadway safety by reminding motorists to drive cautiously on residential streets. Residents are invited to use these signs on their property (one per household).
Image of the sign:
The signs are not enforceable by Hamilton Police Services, however, enforcement of the legal posted speed limit is. These signs are a way of making motorists aware of their speed as they travel in residential areas.
Placement of Signs:
- For residential streets only
- To be placed on residential front or side lawns only.
- 2 feet from the curb
- Inserted into the ground using the wire frame only
- Installed where they will not obstruct sight lines for road users
- Without further illumination or the use of reflective tape
Signs are free and can be picked up at Aidan's Office (2nd floor of City Hall during business hours Monday to Friday), Westdale Library (ask at the front desk during regular Library hours) or
For special pick up/drop off arrangements please contact Cindy Stranak at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 905-546-2226.