Recognizing Excellence in Writing! For Hamilton-area writers presented in partnership with the Hamilton Public Library and Hamilton Arts & Letters magazine.
Submissions open May 2018 and close October 5, 2018.
The fifth annual Short Works Prize awards:
- The Judy Marsales Real Estate Ltd. Award for Published Poetry
- The Alvin A. Lee Award for Published Creative Non-Fiction
- The Hamilton Public Library Freda Waldon Award for Published Fiction
- The Mohawk College Award for Writing
- The Redeemer University College Award for Writing
- The Rotary Club of Hamilton AM Young Writers Awards
- The Gillett Reminiscence Awards
Writers will be notified of the results by email before the Awards Ceremony. Readings by the Winners will take place at the Awards Ceremony November 2018.
The SWP observes the Council of Literary Magazines & Presses Contest Code of Ethics and is for authors currently living in the areas serviced by the Hamilton Public Library. Out of town borrowers are not eligible. All entries will be scanned to ensure originality. Plagiarism will result in automatic disqualification.