Tell us what you think!
Hamilton’s new waterfront district is almost here! Check out the presentation materials from our four finalists and tell us what you think.
Public consultation closes April 17!
Open House display: View materials in person - The presentation panels will also be available to view in person at the following locations:
- Wednesday, April 11 & Thursday, April 12, Time: 10 am to 4:30 pm at Evergreen Community Storefront
- Friday, April 13, Time: 10 am to 9 pm | City staff on site from 6 to 9 pm only at Evergreen Community Storefront
- Saturday, April 14 & Sunday, April 15, Time: 12 noon to 5 pm at Art Gallery of Hamilton - Fischer Gallery
- Monday, April 16 & Tuesday, April 17, Time: 8:30 am to 4:30 pm at City Hall - Main Lobby
On December 15, 2017 the City formally launched the Request for Proposal (RFP) process with the Prequalified Proponents.
In the RFP phase, the Prequalified Proponents will be required to submit development concept proposals that must satisfy various “city-building” objectives in addition to corresponding financial bids for the purchase of the Pier 8 lands.
Proposals will be evaluated according to these criteria:
- Concept Plan
- Residential Program
- Environmental Sustainability
- Public Presentation Materials
- Urban Innovation
- Ownership & Financing
- Project Delivery
- Project Stewardship & Change Management
- Financial Proposal
The Preferred Proponent of the RFP phase will be granted the exclusive opportunity to negotiate with the City for the purchase of, and right to develop, the Pier 8 lands.
RFP & Background Documents: Available in the Electronic Data Room